You may face this problem when logging on to Windows. When you type user name and password you are again presented with User name and Password dialogue box. You try hard to get in but to no avail.
You may not be able to log on to system using either Normal Mode or Safe Mode. This occur only when Winlogon service tries to load the Windows default shell (explorer.exe) and user shell (userinit.exe) from registry. This service searches for Explorer.exe and Userinit.exe in the following path of registry:
Edit these values and type the correct path of shell :
Shell = explorer.exe
NOTE: These files may also be deleted by spywares. You may need to extract them using Windows CD.
Steps for rectifying this problem:
- Log on to a networked computer.
- Run Regedit.exe
- Point your cursor to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Select File > Connect Remote Registry
- Type computer name (infected computer)
- Navigate to the following location in registry of destination or infected computer
- Edit these two values in right pane:
- Change these two values to
Userinit = x:\windows\system32\userinit.exe
- Exit from Registry
- Restart Infected computer.
- You should be able to log on to computer.