- Tomcat is generating random errors that cannot be resolved.
- How to clear the Tomcat cache [work folder] by troubleshooting step
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3)
- Apache Tomcat 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
- Linux / Unix
- Open the Central Configuration Manager (CCM)
- Stop Tomcat by the stop icon
- Navigate to Default Tomcat cache Directory: <Default BI Install Directory>\Tomcat\work\Catalina
- Delete the Localhost directory
- Start Tomcat
- Launch the CMC or BI Launch Pad from the browser, this step will take a while because the localhost folder will be re-created, and all content repopulated.
- As soon as the content has been fully populated – the login page will display.
- Navigate to the following folder location: Install Path/sap_bobj
- Execute the following script to stop the running tomcat process: ./tomcatshutdown.sh
- Navigate to the following folder location: Install Path /sap_bobj/tomcat/work/
- Delete the localhost directory
- Navigate to the following folder location: Install Path /sap_bobj directory.
- Execute the following script to start the tomcat process: ./tomcatstartup.sh
- Wait until the cache is re-created.
Example for Unix: –
Step 4. # rm -R Catalina
Delete the Catalina folder or you can rename it
you can see folder has been deleted. there is no folder left as shown in below image.
Step 5. #./tomcatstartup.sh
Start the tomcat as shown in below image.
after started tomcat now you can see that Catalina folder has been fully populated.