Learn how to refresh SAP HANA QAS (Quality Assurance System) with our detailed step-by-step instructions. Keep your HANA environment running smoothly and efficiently.
Follow below procedure to client refresh using HANA DB restore.
- In our scenario database is HANA and Source DB is HDP and target DB is HDQ.
- Backup from source system (Take source system backup from Hana Studio)
- Copy Backup on Target System (Without Catalog Backup)
- Export user master in target system using T. code SCC8 and select the profile SAP_USER. So, letter we import this user master in target system.
- Note down the logical client name of target system. We need to letter adjust logical name of system after DB restore using T. code BDLS.
- Backup of PSE file using STRUST
- Note down the login group using t code SMLG
Backup of RFC if target system
- Create and new file rfcexp.ctl in target system and maintain below entry in this file
Export Client =900 File=”/usr/sap/rfc_data” Select * from RFCCHECK Select * from RFCATTRIB Select * from RFCDES Select * from RFCSYSCAL Select * from RSECACHK Select * from RSECCACTB Select * from RSECTAB Select * from RFCDOC Select * from RFCTRUST
Save this file.
- Now executer the export command with <sid>adm user.
R3trans -w rfcexp.log rfcexp.ctl
- This command exports all the RFC table data in output file rfc_data
- You can also export background jobs – TBTCA, TBTCB, TBTCO, TBTCR, TBTCS, TBTCP, TBTCI
Stop The application Server.
Now Restore the database
- Recover Database
- Login in SYSTEMDB and recover Tenet Database HDQ Without catalog backup
Import the RFC data in target system
- Now create a new imp.ctl file and maintain below entry in this file
Import Client =400 PARALLEL=8 File=”/usr/sap/rfc_data”
- Save this file and import using R3trans.
R3trans -w imp.log imp.ctl
- Now Strat the application.
- Install SAP Licenses in SLicense
- Disable SMTP note in SCOT T code
- Execute SE06 and select database copy option.
Provide the source and target DB name and configure the transport system and do not delete the TMS configuration and transport route.
- Clean up batch job using RSBTCDEL ( select cancelled and finished jobs) in SE38
- logon in 000 client in domain controller and distribute and activate configuration.
- If still issue in TMS in target system, then login in 000 client in target system and add the system in domain controller
- Create and adjust logical system name in target system using T. code BD54/BDLS.
- Change and Adjust Client Login Information in SE61 (ZLOGIN_SCREEN_INFO)
- Delete all entries in table DDLOG for buffer synchronization in target system In SE14
- Delete application log using T. code SLG2 in target system
- Import and Adjust certificate using STRUST
- Import and adjust profile parameter In RZ10
- RDDIMPDP job not release in QAS server. So reconfigured Job server group in SM61
- Finally check consistency with SICK
STMS reconfig After QAS refresh.
The best solution is reset password through program –
1>. TMS_UPDATE_PWD_OF_TMSADM (in dev 000 client)
2>. Distribute configuration & adjustment, if required.
3>. Distribute routes to all system, if required.
The above program is most important. It will reset the pwd in all system at a time & also update the rfc relevant with TMS in all system.